Short Minutes for December 4, 2005
- Introduction of Potential Members
- 4 people physically showed-up.
- Several interested members had time
- Diverse backgrounds: Karate,
Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun.
- Explanation of Club Mission, Vision, and Operations
- Discussion among members
- inputs, and feedbacks,
- agreed to conduct follow-up
inquiries, and need for more info
on incorporation of club here at ODU.
- Collection and Exchange of member contact information
- Need for establishment of email
list-serve (mass mailing
emails for internal group members)
- Closure of meeting
Regarding establishment of club:
* need to check OSAL at webb center for requirements
* need 20 signatures
--> Chris Freeman will seek info about papers
Regarding Time and Scheduling:
* Further discussions will be conducted to schedule two
catagories of training:
a) Formal meeting days and times
* This shall be regularly
schedule time for class
* who can teach,
scheduling, and minimization
conflicts on schedules
* Most likely be held
b) Non-Official Club Practice
* Different members may
volunteer and offer their
to practice in their garage, backyard, or park
* Free, open,
social-setting, and fun time.
* Volunteers and time/day
of availability shall depend
the individual can accomodate.
--> Members may hold informal meetings over Winter
Regarding MMA Equipment:
* Some members already have equipment (head gears,
gloves, punching bags, etc) that can be shared.
* Need to get list of inventory of what is/are available.
* Need to standardize list of equipments.
--> Money from OSAL may be received, if we can incorporate.
Regarding time of club incorporation:
* Target-date: Early Spring, 2006
* Ideas of recruitment/enlargement of members
--> Start Small, then grow from there (recruitment via
Regarding activities during Winter Break:
* Practice may be done at individual house hosted by volunteers.
* Informal meetings, chilling, and cross-pollination of ideas
on how to run the club.
--> Will meet some times over Break, if possible.